Final film poster design


This is my final film poster design, I used Photoshop and Pixlr to design and edit it and I took my own picture for it.

This is the original photo for it and as you can see, I've edited the video in order for it to look more horror based. I faded the image from below the gap into black just like the mirrors poster I looked at before and I have darkened the image to make it more sinister. In terms of composition of the image, I made sure that the positions of the bear was towards the centre of the bed and I used a teddy bear to show that this film will be based within a child's room. 
Looking at the poster, the area around the gap is enhanced because the film is heavily based around the gap under the bed, and it would make sense to show it on the poster. However, it doesn't reveal much of the plot, so suspense can be created from the poster.
I have picked a dark colour scheme to follow the conventions of the horror poster and made sure that the title was large enough to view and that the font was close enough to be considered horror, with 3 colours interfering with each other and making it look distorted. 

The tag line connects to the poster, in which it says, "Don't sleep. There is something lurking in the [Gap]". I have decided to make this my tagline because it links to the title, that whatever is in the gap, it is unknown and would induce paranoia on the victim who encounters it.  I have applied the usual credit box, website and date of release for the film. But I didn't add the star rating because I felt that it would make the poster less sinister and most horror posters that I have seen do not include the ratings. 

What I feel that I could improve on the poster is either change the font or the colour of the font. So, either make a different colour combination or maybe make the font more sinister in some way.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double page spread